Help needed setting up tiller handle for 1993 Evinrude 50/35 Jet model E50JETB

mckinney004

Seaman Apprentice
I didn't get any responses in the engine category, so I thought I would repost it here.

I just purchased this motor, model E50JETB. The guy had it hooked to steering controls, but told me he had a tiller handle for it if I'd rather have that. Picking up the boat, we had issues with the power pack and I got distracted from checking out other components such as the tiller handle.

I've looked up the diagram and everything seems to match up pretty good, however, I believe I have a few missing pieces. What I thought was the electric start button is actually a primer button and the start button is missing. There are also several wires coming from the tiller handle which I do not know the purpose of. One has a 3 prong plug on the end. There is a similar plug on the motor with 3 matching wire colors, however, the motor plug is 4 prong with an extra wire on it. I don't know if I need an adapter or if this is coincidence or what. I believe some of the wiring is for power trim, which I do not have. I also need a couple of connections from the throttle cable to the engine.

If anyone has this motor I would really benefit from some pictures, wiring information, and an owners manual. Just seeing what everything is SUPPOSED to look at would help a ton. I have a few marine shops around here, but I'd rather not spend the money if I can find the info I need here. I can post pictures of what I have later this afternoon/evening.

Useful links so far:

Keywords: outboard jet motor 50hp 35hp hp 50 35 50/35 1993 1994 1995 1996 tiller steering handle converting conversion electrical electric wiring diagram pdf manual johnson evinrude E50JETB E 50JET B 50JETB