Frustrating cables!

Jgothing

Seaman Apprentice
Ok guys here's what I'm dealing with. 90 bayliner caprinwith force 90 out board. I put new cables on due to one being broken/ jammed up. I got the shift cable hooked up, but it seems like the throttle cable is to big.. roughly an inch to long. Both the control itself and the out drive are in nutral.. but won't fit, and another concern I have, is once I do get the cable on... how would I adjust them so the rod/linkage behind/under the carbs won't hit, I've noticed the shifter rod has to either be above or below the linkage before the throttle cable will move, so it won't bind up.. 🤔🤔 please help!! Dose any one have a step by step procedure from start to finish link my chance.. I can't seem to find anything for this force motor I think I'm begging to see why... lol thanks guys

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Jgothing, I understand cable issues but not so much with your setup. Could you post a picture or three so show us here what you are dealing with. Then we all will understand your cable issues and offer better suggestions and ideas to fit it. JMHO

Jgothing

Seaman Apprentice
Well I can get them photos selected but the file size is too big.. might have to use the laptop and see about cropping the size

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well I can get them photos selected but the file size is too big.. might have to use the laptop and see about cropping the size

Yea, you can't post pictures that exceed I think 700kb in size on these threads. I just reset my camera to take smaller sized pictures. Unless you have plans to enlarge any picture to wall size, there really is no need to shoot mega-pixels sizes. You won't see any degradation shooting small pixel sizes. JMHO