In middle of working on steering right now. Please help asap.

Donnyb83

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Working on my first boat. In the middle of changing my helm and cables right now. The new helm came with a 90? bezzle. (I believe that's what it's called) it's an x34 bezzle. The one on my original helm was a 20? bezzle. The x35. (If I'm wrong on the part name)then the new bezzle sits more flush. The old bezzle tilted down a bit. Can I use this new bezzle even though it's different? Will it affect my steering?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i'm no help, but going to bump your thread because i've been in the middle of a project and help is always nice.

Anyone out there can help?

Donnyb83

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thank you buddy. I kept calling it a bezzle because I seen someone online talk about it with a picture. I think it's just the helm bracket. Lol. I called a local bait shop and talked to the owner and he told me the new bracket would work fine. Its installed. Only problem was the guy at the marine store where I bought my steering system ordered me the same 14 ft cable. I just took one back yesterday n told him I needed 16 ft. Lol. No big deal though. We all make mistakes. Now just waiting for my new cable. Thank you though buddy appreciate it.