HELP!!! 1985 Evinrude Control Box Ends

mav6759

Chief Petty Officer
I ordered some shift&throttle cables from ebay..What I missed was they did not come with either ends....I have been pulling my hair out trying to find ends for the control box side as well as the engine side...I have had no luck, I can't even find the names of the ends anywhere online... Any help that you are able to provide will be great...I thought all cables came with the ends,,,I am lost...please help..

Mav6759

mav6759

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

I'm looking for these ends, does anyone know what they are called...I just call them ends...LOL...

Attachments

• photo259291.jpg
    photo259291.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 0

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You need what are called---SNAP IN ----cables.---Hurry in and consult your local dealer.------Those ends are not available seperately !

mav6759

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

When you say SNAP-IN cables,( see pictures of the cables inclosed) do you mean cables ends are SNAP-IN....Are you also saying the ends are not available.. for the cables shown

Attachments

• photo259350.jpg
    photo259350.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0

mav6759

Chief Petty Officer
OK, I got these cables from ebay...I only have one more question, then what are these cable for then, i see a lot of these cables online, if the ends can't be purchased, what are these cables used for...

racerone

Supreme Mariner
These were the cables available for older control boxes and before the ---SNAP IN '---cables and boxes.-----Dealers complained about too much time needed to install them and adjust them.------The snap in place ones were a " no brain needed " improvement.-----And they are available ---" on line " because folks will buy them from dealers unloading old inventory !!!

maybe368

Seaman
OK, I got these cables from ebay...I only have one more question, then what are these cable for then, i see a lot of these cables online, if the ends can't be purchased, what are these cables used for...
I just replaced mine with that type, because I still had my old ones. I am no expert, but putting the ends on was not too bad, but adjusting them is somewhat a PITA...Mark