Teleflex safe-T-Q, question

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
I am moving my helm forward and to the port side of my boat. It was a center console and I had the cable come off the helm towards the port and bent down and back to the center line of the boat and under the floor. then it ran down the center line of the boat under to the floor until it came out of the tube it was installed in ( about 4 feet from the transom), it then headed back to the port side of the boat under the floor, and came above the floor under a "bench" at the port stern area and then came out through the transom about 3" below the top of the transom in line with the motor tube it needed to slide into.

now I am moving the helm forward and to the port, but I still need to take the cable to the back under the floor...my new tube is slightly to the port side of the center of the boat now...but it is a long run, and I am having trouble finding a cable long enough....22-23ft!!...

NOW ..IF I could rotate the helm MOUNT on the dash so the cable comes off DOWNWARD, instead of to the port...I can eliminate a long bend required to get the cable back to enter the tube under the floor!....

can the "helm" portion of the steering control be mounted in any orientation?? the only mnual I have found online shows it oriented horizontaly,, with the tail and the cable both heading to the port side of the boat..... I am wanting to have them both point downward.......can this be done???

thanks

bob