Please help! Power issue quicksilver control for 84-85 mercury 35hp o/b no trim/tilt

Abwan

Recruit
(Let me just be up front. I have no training, nobody has shown me anything, the projects I tackle I research before tackling to see if its a skilled task or common sense if common sence I attempt it) So long story short, I thought I lost my key so I pulled my ingnition to get the key code number. Got a replacement key put ignition back in controls turned key and nothing... So went to marina unfortunetly guy helping me is new and isnt the one that knows electrical. Anyway after trouble shooting the system we did a current check and for some reason power is not making it to the battery wire in the box. He hooked up some clicker thing to the motor and whatever else is needed and it turned engine over so not starter issue ur anything. So you know all the facts, battery is powered, connections at battery are tight and I have never had any problem starting the motor. Was just out on lake two days prior and was good to go. So in looking online some mention is made possibly to there being a fuse maybe i tripped messing with controls. Dont know if my motor has this nor what it looks like if ther is in fact one, nor where it be located. (Marina guy didnt know either). So bottom line again everything was fine prior to me messing with controls. Also wires for sure were placed in proper places. But when tested we were unable to get power from the red battery wire in the control box. Any help would be much appreciated. And if u can poss include links to images or something that would help me know what your talking about would be big help. Thanks in advance

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:welcome: aboard ABwan...

Seem there is a fuse that goes with the starter system. However, Not knowing your particular engine serial number, I can only direct you to this site for you to look up your engine and see. Go to boats dot net and find your engine and look for the fuse to see where your is located. Then check it out to see if it is burnt open. It looks like it is located around the starter setup on the engine I looked at. JMHO