OMC throttle box year or model #

Ankl0722

Cadet
Hey guys, I located This picture on a Google search. I recently purchased a boat that came with I believe this throttle and a 1977 evinrude 70hp outboard. It has the kill switch lanyard which attaches on the ignition. It came with all the controls, however, they were diassmbled by the previous owner. The control box is apart and in two pieces with the ignition switch removed. I cannot seam to locate a any information on this specific box. Does any one know the year or by chance have a manual for this box? I don't plan on using it on the boat but I would like to get it together and working properly so I can sell the whole unit functioning. Any insight anyone could offer would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Ankl0722, looks like a nice clean control unit. Could you post a picture or three of the outside. That may offer a better chance of identifying the model or year. Not too many folks have taken their control units apart and therefore seeing the inside may not spark an ID for it. JMHO!

Ankl0722

Cadet
I will take and post a few pics when I get home from work. Judging by the ignition switch being completely removed (also he gave me two ignitions switches) im thinking something was wrong with the switch. In fairness to the gentleman I bought the boat from it was sold to him this way. He used a motor he already had. He just never took the time to put it back together and attempt to sell the unit.

Mohawkmtrs

Chief Petty Officer
I believe it's a remote control box used on 1983-2001 Evinrude and Johnson outboards.

For an exploded view, go to marineengine dot com and drill down the Evinrude section (mid 80s 70 HP).

What is the model# of your outboard?