New Boat owner. Shift cable help.(roller switch)

joeski3

Cadet
Hello everyone,
I recently picked up an 87 Renken 19.5' with a practically new trailer for cheap. The boat is in good shape over all with a new interior and seats. Motor sounds good to. It's an OMC 3.0 and OMC outdrive. Just wanna get my feet wet so to speak with the girlfriend and kids and see if boating will stick with us. Anyway the boat needs a new shifter cable which I have. I have ordered the Alignment kit as well. Upon closer inspection of the shifting mechanism ( the W) the roller switch is missing the little roller end! I have been unable to locate one online. Does anyone know where I may find one...any other tips are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I'd say you need the switch itself. It comes with the arm and roller attached. Been so long since I'd seen one broke, I'm not sure where ya get them.

joeski3

Cadet
I just found it. Yes I need the new switch. I found both switches on ebay. I was searching using the wrong part name...hoefully they will last a long time once I replace them.

joeski3

Cadet
I just found it. Yes I need the new switch. I found both switches on ebay. I was searching using the wrong part name...hoefully they will last a long time once I replace them.

It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose :cool: