shore power cable?

boatman37

Lieutenant
dumb question here...lol. my boat is still at home here and i was going to plug it in for the 110. my cord has the same shape ends (one male the other female). my step father gave me a 30 amp adapter from his camper. i looked and told him i didn't think it was the right plug. he said it had to be if its 30 amp. i believe my generator has the right plug but didn't feel like pulling it out of storage to try it. i'm pretty sure the dock has the same outlet i have on my cord. do they make an adapter that lets me plug into 110 for at home? i was trying to test the lights, fridge, etc on 110. the adapter he gave me looks like 2 slanted eyes and the ground at the mouth...lol. my cord has the 3 circular curved terminals like i guess all boats have

duped

Petty Officer 1st Class
They make an adapter to plug into a household outlet. 30 amp female to 15 amp male is what you need.

boatman37

Lieutenant
thanks. i saw one this morning online. it was about $60. i'm quite sure there are cheaper options?

duped

Petty Officer 1st Class
If you can find just a replacement 30 amp female plug, you could wire a good quality extension cord onto that.

boatman37

Lieutenant
i will keep on the lookout. the boat is in the water now and hooked to shore power so don't need the adapter now but want to have one for when the boat is out of the water. thanks

UncleWillie

Captain
2 Slanty Eyes and a Round Mouth, is a NEMA TT-30 (RV-30) (Travel Trailer Connector).
You want a NEMA L5-30, Twist Lock connector. Available at HD and Lowe's.
Use 10AWG for 30 amp service. 14AWG if plugging into a common 120v, 15 amp Residental outlet.

boatman37

Lieutenant
that make ssense cause the adapter he gave me was from his travel trailer