trolly motor battery

jeremy r

Cadet
good evening I have a size 24marine battery I am wondering how long to charge it for I have a schumaker battery charger with 12volt 6 amp and 12 volt 2 amp settings what would be better to charge it on and how long thanks

sutor623

Rear Admiral
good evening I have a size 24marine battery I am wondering how long to charge it for I have a schumaker battery charger with 12volt 6 amp and 12 volt 2 amp settings what would be better to charge it on and how long thanks

Is the battery new? It depends on how discharged the battery is. A 24 bank battery has about 70-80 amp hours. Assuming that you only discharge the battery 50% (like you are supposed to :) ) Then you would need 7-8 hours at 6 amps. If this is a sealed battery then you can only charge at 2 amps, which would take more like 15-20 hours. If you are just keeping the battery topped off keep it on 2 amps.

Is this charger a smart charger? Meaning does it cut off or notify you if the battery is fully charged? If it is just set it and forget it.

jeremy r

Cadet
yes battery new duralast size 24 completely drained it last time at lake no smart charger and I think the battery is sealed just a reg charger