Boat Stereo Won't Work -- Lost piece of the puzzle!!

LionBear

Cadet
So, I can't seem to get my new boat stereo working. About 6 months ago, I had my previous stereo stolen out while I had the boat at a repair shop (yeah, that was a bummer). So, I've finally got around to putting a new stereo in, and now the damn thing won't work. I have everything else good to go, and just need this last part, and I can hit the lake with some good tunes playing.

I've attached a few pics on how the wires are connected from the stereo ribbon to the wires within the boat. I have the Aux switch working, but the stereo won't come on for the life of me. All speaker wires are hooked up correctly. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• photo224020.png
    photo224020.png
    517.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo224021.png
    photo224021.png
    642.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo224022.png
    photo224022.png
    685 KB · Views: 0

StingrayMike

Petty Officer 1st Class
Its realy hard to tell from the pics. are you getting good pwr to the radio, and do you have a good ground?
is the stereo powering on, but have no volume, or is it ccompletely dead?
and do not you have the installation manual/ directions for the radio? Maybe wrong wires connected?
and I would get rid of the wire nuts, get some butt connectors w/ heat shrink. All those wire nuts will do will cause corrosion and make a bad connection

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I have to second CaravelleMike's assessment as well. First off, the pictures basically show nothing. I mean who knows where those wire come from or goes to? :noidea: So, if you have a meter and know how to use it, let's fix this problem. First thing is to verify you have proper positive and negative (good ground) voltages going to the radio. To do that test one of the wires to see if you have +12 volts on it (or there about). Once you located a positive voltage line, then do the same for the ground line. Connect them up to the proper wires for your radio. You can determine those wire from the supplied schematic diagram or the labels on the wires themselves. If the radio still doesn't work, you either have a blown fuse in the radio, or a bad radio... That IS how easy it is to fix... post back here your results... JMHO!

NicoPags

Petty Officer 1st Class
And I will third the assessment to justify how important it is to do It once and do it right. You need a 12v tester or a meter. It Will work wonders. I'm going to echo the other responses and say only you can fix this. Just need the proper tools.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
I see wire nut connections just a couple inches from a butt splice and then hardly visible are what appear to be electricians tape on yet other splices. Clean up the wiring. Add decent power and ground and proper speaker connections and it should work.