Switch pad

RichRab

Petty Officer 1st Class
I put this in electrical section with no reply so I am trying here. 2002 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck. A couple of weeks ago a few of the lights on the switchpad did not light up even though the blower, bilge pump and interior lights worked. Over the weekend the lights and all accessories connected to the pad stopped working and none of the lights light up and the horn does not work. The plug in the back is connected and all fuses are good. Where do these wires go to? Someone said there is a computer it is connected to. Thank you. RR

gm280

Supreme Mariner
What type lights are they, LED, or incandescent? Seems if all the lights are not working you have a wire or switch or even a fuse gone. And since you stated the fuses were good (checked I hope and not just looked at) then you have a wiring issue. It could be they lost ground and therefore will never make a closed circuit again until that is fixed. If you know how to use a meter, now is the time to start checking both the positive side AND negative side of the circuits. If you verify that voltage is at the lights, and there is a good solid ground, then the only thing left is the lights themselves. Odd though for all the lights to go bad at the same time. That wouldn't be my first assumption...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You can get an owner's manual for your boat at Searay.com, owners resources. It may have wiring diagrams to help you.

Also don't start new threads because you aren't getting free help. Just bump the thread.

Last edited:

RichRab

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not sure how to "bump a thread" but the lights are led. There is a test button for the fuses and they are are all good. A light indicates good or bad. I am going to see if I can bypass keypad. Thank you. RR

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Sorry rich, moved it back to electrical since it's an electrical question...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
A bump is another post. It moves the thread to the top of the list. Did you look at Searay.com?

RichRab

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yes I did but not able to figure out too much. Thank you. RR

RichRab

Petty Officer 1st Class
What I found out is that the orange wire to the pad should be 5 v and the red about 12 which I have so I ordered a new pad. Update after I get part in a few days. Thank you. RR

RichRab

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got the new keypad. It no longer has the wood look but is black ant that was the problem. Thank you. RR