Minn Kota Edge mount size?

Daneforth

Cadet
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a Minn Kota Edge 45 for a little boat I have, its the smallest foot controlled motor (also in my price range) I could find. The problem is, I'm restoring and putting a little casting deck on the boat, and I can't quite afford both at the same time. So, I want to incorporate the mount into the front deck, but I don't know the dimensions of it, and the only shop who might sell it is about 40 miles from me, so I'm going to buy it online and have it shipped to me later.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the mounting bracket?

Picture of the bracket/mount/box thing I'm looking for is in the link below, I want the bracket to be as small as it needs to be, with little to no wasted space as my boat is pretty small.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOSY1a34DVieYFoj7-Vbi6ZIybiLfvV2uut9_Kv

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well Daneforth :welcome: aboard...

I have zero ideas as to the correct sizes for that trolling motor. However, you should be able to either get onto their website and see if they have such dimensions shown or actually contact them for those measurements. I'm very sure they will be more then glad to tell you those dimensions or even send you a template for it. And a lot of trolling motors are mounted from the top side with rubberized inserts so all you have to do is line up the mounting bracket and drill the holes and insert the rubber fittings and tighten it up... Hope that helps. JMHO!

Daneforth

Cadet
Thank you very much Mr. GM280,

For anyone who may see this post later, hoping to find the dimensions of a Minn Kota Edge bow mount, the mounting plate is 24" x 5"