Replaced my trim limiter bravo drive and no power at connection

zero lash

Seaman
I have a 2000 Baja. I replaced both the trim sensor and trim limiter. The trim sensor worked I was able to adjust the gauge. The limiter did not work at all. When I when to adjust it from turning the puck to adjust it it did not work. So I switched the wires did not work. I checked the fuses no blown fuses. It checked for power at the connection and there was no power. My trailer switch on the boat does not work obviously. It don't know where it gets its power from and where to check.

Bondo

Staff member
It checked for power at the connection and there was no power. My trailer switch on the boat does not work obviously.

Ayuh,.... The Up switch, runs through the limit switch,...

The Trailer button should work without it,....

Sounds like the trim up circuit is dead,... Start lookin' at the pump,....

zero lash

Seaman
Ayuh, yes I know that. The pump works fine. If you read the directions for the limiter puck you should be able to turn the puck and adjust the limit. My puck does nothing.

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Did you index the trim limit switch before you install it? The are two marks that need to be aligned in the switch, did you align them?

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Is the pump working using any other switches like the trailer or the trim switch? If so, I would start troubleshooting buy a process of elimination.

Is it the "new" switch itself? If you still have the old switch and you know for sure it was working, connect it directly to the two wires inside the boat and see it the pump will actuate. You never know, it could be defective.

Last edited:

zero lash

Seaman
Yaa I tried that with plugging in the old switch. I guess I can trace the wires and see where I am getting power from.