Radio, Amp, Battery Question

All,

I am new here so if I seem to be fresh then you know that I am so please be patient.

I have a 21ft regal runabout that I recently bought and ordered a stereo system for it. The stereo system came with a
50W x 4 (MOSFET Power IC) Kenwood Head Unit, (4) 120W 6 inch speakers, and a 400w amp (100x4 channel). Generally speaking, should I be alright with a one battery system? I do not have the specs for the current battery but will get them tonight. I would rather not have to install a two battery system but look forward to your feedback. Another option is to remove the amp from the system and run with just the radio amp. I look forward to your thoughts.

Nathan

alldodge

Staff member
All,

I am new here so if I seem to be fresh then you know that I am so please be patient.

I have a 21ft regal runabout that I recently bought and ordered a stereo system for it. The stereo system came with a 50W x 4 (MOSFET Power IC) Kenwood Head Unit, (4) 120W 6 inch speakers, and a 400w amp (100x4 channel). Generally speaking, should I be alright with a one battery system? I do not have the specs for the current battery but will get them tonight. I would rather not have to install a two battery system but look forward to your feedback. Another option is to remove the amp from the system and run with just the radio amp. I look forward to your thoughts.

Nathan

:welcome: to iboats Nathan

If your wanting to stick with one battery you can keep the amp, but don't have the radio on when the engine is off. The 50W per channel head unit will draw some power as well so don't run it for more then about and hour.

Also I would suggest having at least having an 800CCA starting battery with no more then a small block V8.

Provide some more info about the boat and we can provide some more opinions