Need Gauge Wiring Help for Boat with 89 Yamaha 200

mustangmatt63

Recruit
I Put a 89 200 Yamaha on 22 Ft Open Fisher, Engine had No Harnesses or Sub Oil Tank, I Purchased New Engine Harness, Used (Good) Sub Oil Tank,2 missing Harnesses and New 704 Yamaha Binnacle, I Have The Engine Running but have No Clue how to Wire up Gauges, I have The Yamaha Manual But am Just lost as I Really do not Understand it,All The Gauges are New Universal Gauges, I have them wired together so far in Panel with the grounds and The Lighting wiring all in line, There are No Connectors on the Wiring harnesses at all (Except Main Engine Harness & Binnacle) and thats Finished...Basically What I need to know is I have 2 4 wire harnesses coming from engine1 is for Oil Tank I Believe(Blue-Black-Black&Red Stripe-Brown) then a Harness with a Yellow-Green-Yellow&Red-Green&Red)..Can Someone tell me where these 8 wires Go ?? I Believe The Blue Wire & Brown Wire go to Oil Pump on Tank..Other Then That I am Lost...Like I said There are No Connectors on Anything so it has to be Straight Wired...Any Help is Greatly Appreciated..I Have Tach-Trim-Speedo-Oil-Temp Gauges...THX in Advance for any help...

mfkadz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Do you have the service manual? It has the wiring diagram in it. Which includes the wire colors and where they go.

mike

mustangmatt63

Recruit
I Have a Clymer Yamaha Manual, it has the diagram But I just Can't Really Understand it..and its so small I can't Really See it well..I'm not very good with wiring...If Everything Had The 4 Pin Connectors it would be a lot simpler but Unfortunately I do not have them..just the harnesses that I had to Splice into the wires on Engine because previous Owner of engine cut the end connectors off for his harness on another boat

mfkadz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have similar issues reading some of them. I have two different magnifying glasses on my desk.

mike

mustangmatt63

Recruit
Looks Like I'm going to Get a Magnifying Glass today for sure as i just cannot See What The Colors are in the Schematic..Thx mfkadz