Ranger 619 no accessories

carpman

Seaman
2001 ranger 619vs

Long story short....

Took the boat out a week and a half ago, all systems were go. Charged the boat last night for a trip this morning. Was doing all my checks this morning and I have no power to either touch pad front and console and none of the accessories (fish finder, VHF, ect.) that are connected via the console are working at all. When I hit the main on/off switch by the battery the lights do some weird things. Sometimes they will all come on but just flicker, sometime it's random lights on the pad. This pad in a nut shell powers the bilge pumps, horn, lights, and all other pumps on board. I did switch it to the on position and turned my autobilge upside down and nothing. So I am not getting any power up at the console.

Motor is fine, it has a separate power connection, so still went fishing this morning, but with no other power to any accessories.

I have cleaned and replaced some connections in hopes it would solve the problem with a no go.

Any insight from ranger owners would be appreciated.

thanks

alldodge

Staff member
2001 ranger 619vs

Long story short....

Took the boat out a week and a half ago, all systems were go. Charged the boat last night for a trip this morning. Was doing all my checks this morning and I have no power to either touch pad front and console and none of the accessories (fish finder, VHF, ect.) that are connected via the console are working at all. When I hit the main on/off switch by the battery the lights do some weird things. Sometimes they will all come on but just flicker, sometime it's random lights on the pad. This pad in a nut shell powers the bilge pumps, horn, lights, and all other pumps on board. I did switch it to the on position and turned my autobilge upside down and nothing. So I am not getting any power up at the console.

Motor is fine, it has a separate power connection, so still went fishing this morning, but with no other power to any accessories.

I have cleaned and replaced some connections in hopes it would solve the problem with a no go.

Any insight from ranger owners would be appreciated.

thanks

I;m thinking you blew a fuse, wire came off or lost a ground. Start with the simple stuff and stat chasing main power and ground cables, remove, clean and reinstall.

carpman

Seaman
I chased most of the wires, still no avail. The main ground is spotless, but still cleaned and replaced. I have no idea what is going on, it's acting like a short somewhere though. Going to try unplugging on thing at a time to see if I can find the culprit.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Shorts blow fuses. You have an open circuit in the power feed to the panels.

carpman

Seaman
Well, it ended up being the cut off switch located in the battery box. Swapped it with another one in the boat and it worked fine. Got another 20 amp switch and everything is a go now.

BTW, the previous owner had put 2 - 50 amp breakers in there, one for the trolling motor and one for the accessories. According to the dealer 50 amps should only be used for the trolling motor and they recommended at the most 30 amps for the accessories panel. I went with 20 amps because I really don't run everything at once and do not have enough crap to blow 20 amps.

Just in case someone has a question in the future they can find the answer in this thread.

thanks for all the help guys.