I need good battery for my boat, how can I find this

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
are you starting a gas motor or running a electric motor? i am on my 5th year with my walmart starting battery, and 4th year on my diehard deep cycle for the electric trolling motor, and they are both doing fine. just keep them maintained and they last longer.

UncleWillie

Captain
Batteries are a lot like boats.
The most expensive military grade battery can be trashed in a year if badly abused, and the cheapo battery could last ten years if it is well maintained.
Ask 10 people what the best battery is, and you will get 11 answers.
What is the battery going to be used for? Starting? Trolling? House Accessories? Multi-purpose?
It starts with buying the correct battery for the application.

alldodge

Staff member
Any of the batteries listed above
If you want to spend more Sam's has a Group 34M AGM for $119, or can go full out for a lifeline AGM for $300 (one I have)
There all good batteries and your motor doesn't need a lot to crank it over, You need at least a Group 24, but going to 1 27 or 31 size in most cases doesn't cost a lot more but gives you more capacity

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Academy Sports has their batteries on sale this week for $50, I believe. Group 24 and 27. They are Exide Batteries and I think made by Johnson Controls but I am not positive about that. I just bought a group 27 AutoCraft battery from Advance Auto which is made by East Penn Manufacturing. It is not an AGM but I put my 7 year old Interstate Deep Cycle over to work as a house battery only.