Battery Selector Switch ?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Never needing a battery selector switch before, I thought the only manufacturer was Perko, from reading on these forums. However looking for such a thing has presented a lot of manufacturers that manufactures them. My question is, what is your favorite and why? I know of five different manufacturers now of battery switches that allow you to use 1, 2 or both with an off position as well. And the current ratings are huge in the hundreds of amps. And they all seem very well received too. So what do you all like? Is one better then the other? IDK :noidea:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I got rid of a Perko and installed a Blues Seas, E-series, dual circuit plus on my boat.

1000 amps crank rating....Tin-plated studs....waterproof rated IP67. good product

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I got rid of a Perko and installed a Blues Seas, E-series, dual circuit plus on my boat.

1000 amps crank rating....Tin-plated studs....waterproof rated IP67. good product

dingbat, I've seen Perko, Black, Guest, Cole Hersee, BEP, VETUS, Tech Advantage and who knows have many others are out there. And each one seems built very similar and does the same job. So I was wondering what is the better choice. I'm sure for my little 14' Tom Boy boat, most any of them would suffice. But I posted this to see if one or more was the better or even ones to stay away from... IDK!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Almost anything will be fine for what you have. I like Blue Sea myself for any new installs.

Also, if you don't want the 1/2/both and want the version that connects 2 batteries to two independent loads like a motor and a house load, Blue Sea has that type too. It also has a combine function. I use that type on my pontoon boat.

1/2/Both are the Selector 4 position
Dual Circuit is the 2 load type
https://www.bluesea.com/products/cat...tches/m-Series
These switches are the small switches for outboard applications. They work very smooth. I use this type on my Pontoon.

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Almost anything will be fine for what you have. I like Blue Sea myself for any new installs.

Also, if you don't want the 1/2/both and want the version that connects 2 batteries to two independent loads like a motor and a house load, Blue Sea has that type too. It also has a combine function. I use that type on my pontoon boat.

1/2/Both are the Selector 4 position
Dual Circuit is the 2 load type
https://www.bluesea.com/products/cat...tches/m-Series
These switches are the small switches for outboard applications. They work very smooth. I use this type on my Pontoon.

Bruce, I looked real close at a Blue Sea selector and they seem pretty universal as to the way you can mount them. It is on the possible list already. Thanks for the link as well... :thumb: