old minn kota turbo pro 48lbs

ccarver80

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just bought a bow mount turbo pro for $100 the guy said it worked on 12v even though it might be a 24v.... got it home last night and tried it on a single battery red -positive, black to negative. Nothing.... no movement or anything.... should I try 24v? Or just see if I can get my money back?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
If it doesn't turn on 12 volts it probably won't on 24 volts either. Are the controls properly set?

ccarver80

Petty Officer 1st Class
?? All the foot pedal has is "Off" "Continuose" and " (a function to only turn blades if im stepping on the button on footpedal) " then the steering is controled by wire and pullys im guessing no electronic steering, and the speed dial on side is 0 - 100 for speed. .... i did notice a red wire with a plastic connector underneath not connected to anything.. ill try to get some pics tonight...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Okay, a red wire not connected to anything could be the problem. Red wire, being the positive wire color is one of the supply wires in most any trolling motor. Do post pictures and we can come up with suggestions and/or tests...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Ccarver80. I am presently rebuilding one just like that. So I can see what wires are going to what terminals and get back to you. When I finish mine, it will look and run like new. Because I take everything apart and repair/replace anything that doesn't measure up. I have changed the upper and lower bearings and cone assembly thus far and check the motor and refinished the prop. The entire unit is presently in primer coat waiting for the new finish. But I can check the wiring and tell you where every wire goes...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Ok were my pictures adiquate? Or do you need more?

ccarver, I haven't got to my shop yet this morning so I will check out the wiring once I get there. Can you take a picture of the red wire that is hanging loose so I can see where that wire is located? I know there is one at the 12/24 volt switch and also at the speed control switch. But there are other red wire locations, so seeing a picture of your hanging red wire around anything else, I can then see where it goes...