guage wiring

skruff33

Seaman
Looking for a wiring diagram on wiring some guages on my boat it has none now ..would like to add a speedometer ..fuel..battery guage and possibly a oil guage...any diagrams or sites ..out there thanx

alldodge

Staff member
Looking for a wiring diagram on wiring some guages on my boat it has none now ..would like to add a speedometer ..fuel..battery guage and possibly a oil guage...any diagrams or sites ..out there thanx

What kind of motor are we discussing ???

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Gauges generally have only four connections. 1) +12 volts when the key is in the RUN position. 2) ground, 3) internal light fed from the NAV/ANC switch. and 4) a sender signal for fuel, tach, oil pressure, engine temperature, and trim gauges. A voltmeter has only three connections since there is no need for a sender -- it measures system voltage. The speedometer has no electrical connections other than the light since it operates from a pitot at the back of the boat or from the pitot built into the outboard lower unit or an I/O outdrive. The gauges will come with complete wiring instructions. You will need to order a gauge set for either an outboard or an inboard/I/O.

skruff33

Seaman
Got ya thanks for info...do you no if there's any type of diagrams out there that shows guages being wired from batt to ignition and so on to each guage ...by any chance thanx

NYBo

Admiral
No Title

Google is your friend.

Attachments

• photo107458.jpg
    photo107458.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1