bayliner dash cluster gauges are all out?

whitemike

Recruit
went to satart the boat today and all my gauges are not working? everything else works fine.bllge,engine,horn,ect
found ma wiring diagram and i do have power to both pin22,23 and ground 3 is also good. volt meter doesnt even move?
im not sure but think my gauge went ? is there something im missing and is there anywhere i can get one or a repair?

Attachments

• gauge.jpg
    gauge.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 19

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well is would seem you have a missing +12 volt supply OR missing ground wire somewhere. Do you have ground from the battery to the ground buss bar? all the voltage in the world won't make a circuit work unless there is a ground return. There is a wire that is either missing OR corroded. I would start with a volt meter and test each lead to its proper place for either +12 volts and ground return. I think with all the gauges not working, it is going to be a bad corroded terminal that is associated with all the gauges. And that could be the +12 volt supply OR the return ground.... JMHO

NYBo

Admiral
Those integrated VDO clusters are notorious for problems. Start by making sure all the pins and sockets in the connectors are clean. If that doesn't help, the problem is likely on the circuit board.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
You may have ground TO the cluster but not on the board. Seems to me there is a cold solder joint issue with these panels. Since all gauges are out, follow the +12v and ground paths to the first gauge in the string. Bets there is an open +12 or ground trace between the inputs to the panel and the first gauge they go to.