Smartcraft help please

elifino3

Recruit
I have a 2015 South Bay pontoon with 2015 200 hp Mercury 4 stroke Verado engine. I want to add the Mercmonitor. All the plugins on the smartcraft junction black are full. What do i need to add? Thanks for help..elifino

alldodge

Staff member
I have a 2015 South Bay pontoon with 2015 200 hp Mercury 4 stroke Verado engine. I want to add the Mercmonitor. All the plugins on the smartcraft junction black are full. What do i need to add? Thanks for help..elifino

:welcome: to iboats Elifino

I'm not an expert with smartcraft but it does use a canbuss which can have additional components added to it by adding more junction boxes and terminators. You should be able to disconnect the cable coming from the engine and connect it to another junction box, or add a junction box up by the console. Have a look at the link below which shows different installations. Page 5 shows adding the Mercmonitor to an existing install

http://meadowbrooktrading.com/Galleries/Rob/WiringForSmartcraftGauges.pdf

bilge rat jim

Petty Officer 1st Class
It would be helpful to know which mercmonitor kit you have, and what other devices you plan to add to your smartcraft network.

elifino3

Recruit
I have not purchased the Mercmonitor yet, I am looking at part# 79-8M0062377 the junction block under my dash is full. I now have a four port block and think if I buy a six port this will do the job. Do you have any input...

bilge rat jim

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have not purchased the Mercmonitor yet, I am looking at part# 79-8M0062377 the junction block under my dash is full. I now have a four port block and think if I buy a six port this will do the job. Do you have any input...
Yep, that'll do it.