master switch on procraft combo 200 not working

jerryv

Cadet
Does anyone know if there are fuses to the master switch? this switch stopped working and I cannot get power to any electronics, live well pump, bilge pump and nav lights. Is there a common block that the hot wires run to? I have checked the pop out fuses located close to the dash and have checked two fuses but the starting battery.... any help is much appreciated. thanks

Most boats have a fuse or breaker real close to the battery positive terminal. If you have a dual battery switch the fuse/breaker may be mounted close to that instead of the battery. Sometimes you will have to use a meter as a fuse may be good but is not making contact. In the elec forum top post under stickys you should find a step by step guide in how to trouble shoot with a meter

alldodge

Staff member
Does anyone know if there are fuses to the master switch? this switch stopped working and I cannot get power to any electronics, live well pump, bilge pump and nav lights. Is there a common block that the hot wires run to? I have checked the pop out fuses located close to the dash and have checked two fuses but the starting battery.... any help is much appreciated. thanks

Following 12V from the battery where does the voltage stop?

Also, is the master switch your referring to the battery switch?

Last edited:
Also, is the master switch your referring to the battery switch?

A master switch is normally one switch before the fuse panel that cuts power to all items on the boat. Its used more often on bass boats where there are 2 sets of switchs so you don't have to check every switch. They do have a bad habit of burning out as they carry all the load to the fuse panel or the rubber boot gets worn then they corrode and burn out. The master is normally protected by a breaker or fuse at the battery. (at least this is now stratos boats were wired)

jerryv

Cadet
Most boats have a fuse or breaker real close to the battery positive terminal. If you have a dual battery switch the fuse/breaker may be mounted close to that instead of the battery. Sometimes you will have to use a meter as a fuse may be good but is not making contact. In the elec forum top post under stickys you should find a step by step guide in how to trouble shoot with a meter

there are two fuses right above the battery, one for the accessories and one for the bilge. I metered both and they are good. I found another accessory fuse under the dash and that one metered good too.

jerryv

Cadet
A master switch is normally one switch before the fuse panel that cuts power to all items on the boat. Its used more often on bass boats where there are 2 sets of switchs so you don't have to check every switch. They do have a bad habit of burning out as they carry all the load to the fuse panel or the rubber boot gets worn then they corrode and burn out. The master is normally protected by a breaker or fuse at the battery. (at least this is now stratos boats were wired)

the master switch commands the navigational lights, bilge, live well, courtesy lights, accessories, depth finder. all of these are not working. I plan on replacing the master switch today to see if that is the problem.

Bondo

Staff member
the master switch commands the navigational lights, bilge, live well, courtesy lights, accessories, depth finder. all of these are not working. I plan on replacing the master switch today to see if that is the problem.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... You mentioned you've got a Meter,....

Test the switch, insteada just throwin' parts at the problem,.....