Needing the base half of a MinnKota quick release bracket.

tumblebug1949

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 55 pound thrust MinnKota trolling motor on my 21 foot pontoon. I also have a 14 foot flat bottom boat and would like to use the trolling motor on it also. I was trying to find a source for just the base or bottom half of the quick release mount so I could just slide the motor with the top half on either boat. I know I could spend $45 and get an entirely new bracket but I thought someone might sell just the bottom half.

Does anyone have any information on where to find one?

Thanks
Tom

Last edited:

Prophammer

Chief Petty Officer
I would check ebay, you might just find a complete assembly that you can leave in place

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Not so sure exactly what you are needing so you can easily swap the trolling motor from one boat to the other, but if you research other trolling motors and see if their motor shaft's are the same diameter, then any other mount could work for your situation. It doesn't have to be the exact same make, just the same shaft size to work...right? Or am I missing something?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Try ebay, or spring for the $45. I believe he's talking about the metal bracket that bolts to the bow, the motor slides into that bracket....

tumblebug1949

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am talking about the metal bracket called a Minn Kota quick release bracket. It is basically a pair of large rectangular plates for mounting the trolling motor to boat. One plate bolts to the trolling motor base and the other bolts to the boat. the trolling motor can be slide into groves in the other plate on the boat to secure it.

The $45 dollar plate is the ones on eBay where I purchase a lot of stuff. I just thought someone might have had two boats themselves and had the same question.

Thanks
Tom

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I am talking about the metal bracket called a Minn Kota quick release bracket. It is basically a pair of large rectangular plates for mounting the trolling motor to boat. One plate bolts to the trolling motor base and the other bolts to the boat. the trolling motor can be slide into groves in the other plate on the boat to secure it.

The $45 dollar plate is the ones on eBay where I purchase a lot of stuff. I just thought someone might have had two boats themselves and had the same question.

Thanks
Tom

Okay, I understand your need better now. I somehow thought you were wanting to just move the head unit along with the motor shaft with motor from one boat to another. If you found what you need and it is merely $45 dollars, I'd jump on that setup. Trolling motor parts are not usually very cheap. $45 dollars sound like a bargain to me for such an option...