Lowrance Impulse 4040 Manual

nearpar

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am looking for a manual for the Lowrance 4040 I looked all over the internet net including the Lowrance website with no luck. Does anyone have a manual for this or know where to get one ?

Thank you

NYBo

Admiral
I gave a shot at searching the Internet and see what you mean. How old is this unit? It appears that it includes LORAN, which is completely obsolete. Time for something newer, IMO.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
The Impulse 4040 wasn't made by Lowrance. It was made by Impulse, later bought out by Uniden.

nearpar

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This unit is coming on a boat I am buying to fix up I think it is from the early 90's Just wanted to learn a little about it before I got it here.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Yes, you are confusing Loran which is an old navigation system with the company Lowrance.

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
They were Loran / FF combination. I think some of the "later" units had GPS available. That's getting pretty old .

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
They were Loran C and sold by Lowrance. I think some of the "later" units had GPS available. That's getting pretty old .
Doing some research and I can't find any mention that Lowrance had anything to do with Impulse.

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
You are correct, now I had the loran/lowrance mixed up. SO sorry.