Lowrance Elite-4 HDI Sound volume problem

oppaak

Cadet
I am having a problem with the "audio"/sound volume on my Elite-4 HDI Fishfinder/Chartplotter unit. The volume slider control is adjusted to the max of 10 but I can barely hear the output sound. Spoke with Lowrance Tech Support and they stated the sound output volume was not "real" loud. Anyone else having this problem and if so how are you dealing with it. It is kinda scary not being able to hear the shallow water alarm very clearly when out on unfamiliar water. thanks for any and all info and help aak

It looks like no one else has this particular Lowrance fishfinder/chartplotter model or else they do not have a problem with the audio/sound volume that I have. If other people on the forum have this make and model fishfinder and do not have this problem it leads me to believe that I have a defective unit. Not to mention over $300.00 dollars down the drain. I have already RMA'd the unit to Lowrance at my expense and which they kept for 5 weeks before returning it and tech support said there was nothing wrong with the unit! OK, I have learned my lesson. If this addition to my original post is offensive to anyone the moderator can please delete it permanently. Thanks aak

Last edited: