Stereo Problem

MPI_Mallard

Cadet
I have a older pontoon boat that I have cleaned up and I added a Pyle marine stereo system bought from walmart, while the engine, a 70HP mercury force outboard is running the sound goes off intermittently but the stereo stay powered up, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
A bad connection some place, and i also have a pyle, take a close look at the pins on the connectors I have one hat pushes out of the socket.

NYBo

Admiral
Voltage may be going too high. Hook up a volt meter and see what's going on.

gillmeone

Cadet
I'm trying to determine what size wire I need to hookup a marine stereo (just a digital media receiver w/radio) on my 25ft pontoon. There is no circuit boards or switches. This boat does not have any guages or anything currently hooked up. My plan is to run the yellow and red wire from the stereo to a toggle switch (lighted rocker switch) and run the ground from the stereo to the toggle switch, and then from the rocker switch run a black and red wire (in a jacket) back to the battery's positive and negative posts. I will be putting an inline fuse back by the battery on the red power line. The stereo is a 200 watt stereo 50 x 4 (no separate amp or anything) and I will only be hooking up 2 speakers. I need to know what size of red/black jacketed speaker wire I need. I know I have some 16ga at home, but I've read several articles stating it should be at least 12-14ga if not 8-10ga. I've read having too small of wire can cause the same problem as stated in this first post

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Also, can you confirm if how I plan to do the wiring sounds appropriate?

Thanks!