Accessories Control Panel

coachmoe

Cadet
Hey folks. Went out for an evening fishing trip late yesterday afternoon. At dusk, I attempted to turn on my navigation lights and they did not work. I then started to turn on switches to the bilge, interior lights, and horn, none of them worked. My gauges all appeared to be working, but the backlighting for the gauges did not work. Note: Engine fired right up and continued to run as it should, just now power to the rocker switches on the panel. Any ideas or first steps I should take to diagnose the problem? Any input or advice is appreciated.

coachmoe

Cadet
Check the fuses for each. I assume your bilge is wired directly to the battery?
I'll check fuses. BTW, will there be a fuse for each switch or will there be one fuse for the panel of switches?

Bilge is connected to battery, but controlled by switch at panel.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
You likely have a circuit breaker or fuse back near your engine/battery that is connected to a large wire that feeds your fuse panel near your helm. Check that.

Your ignition power, depending on your boat/engine, may not be coming from that panel which would explain why you could stat your engine and have power to the gauges.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Since all of the accessories are powered from the switch panel, which is in turn powered from a separate feed from the battery, I agree with Bruce. The "boat harness" positive feed is interrupted by an open fuse or breaker at the battery, or you lost the ground connection at the battery.