Not a sound when hitting the ignition switch.

cheezzer

Recruit
I have a 1987 Bluewater Blazer. It was running when we put it away 9 months ago. Believe it or not it actually almost started this Thursday and the battery was never tended. After I charged it, put it back in not a sound when turning the ignition switch. Was told it just won't hold a charge to get a new one. So I did tonight. Confirmed the new one in fact was charged. When I tried again, same thing. Not a sound. Instrument panel gauges flicker right to left like they always have. Just no ignition sound. The manual doesn't show that this model has a fuse box. And the inline fuse to the battery looks fine. Any ideas?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
1) The in-line fuse have nothing to do with the engine. That fuse protects the main 12 volt feed to the console.
2) double check the battery cable connections at the battery. That means disconnect them and clean them (as in shiny bright).
3) Repeat the process for the other end of the battery cables.
4) If the problem still exists it is time to break out the voltmeter and verify that there is +12 volts at the starter solenoid (small wire) when the key is turned to start.
If not, check for +12 volts on the "B" terminal of the ignition switch. If not present, disconnect the large engine harness plug connection at the engine.
5) Inspect and clean the connectors.
Got to run for now -- let's see what you have after doing 1-5.