SeaSense Solid State Bilge Switch Wiring

kdmiller8251

Chief Petty Officer
I just purchased one of the SeaSense Solid State Bilge Pump switches. I am trying to wire it direct to the pump without a switch. I have connected the black wire to the negative post of the battery and then the brown white wire to the positive side of pump, and the brown wire to the Positive side of battery. The Green led lights but when the switch is put in the water it will not work. Anyone have experience with these switches??

UncleWillie

Captain
For a Three wire Pump....
BLACK Pump wire to Ground.
BROWN Pump Wire to in-line fuse to Battery Positive. (Automatic Operation)

BROWN/WHITE Pump Wire to optional Manual Switch to Batt Pos. (Manual Operation)
Do not connect BRN/WHT if not using a manual ON switch.

For a Two wire pump....
Black wire from pump to Ground.
BROWN wire from Pump to BROWN on Float Switch AND... BROWN/WHITE on Manual ON Switch.

EDIT....
I think you are installing a Switch and not the pump???
Are you sure the Switch is deep enough under water in the water and did you wait long enough?
Many have a time delay to prevent a short slosh from starting the pump ever 3 seconds.
What say' the instructions?

Last edited:

kdmiller8251

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks, yeah it is the switch I am wiring and there are 3 wires on the switch. Black - Negative, Brown - Positive, Brown / White Positive to Pump. I let the switch sit in a bucket full of water for at least an hour.. No joy.... Maybe a bad switch?? Directions are very sketchy and don't say a whole lot. A couple of wiring diagrams but that is about it...

UncleWillie

Captain
Sound like the wiring is reasonable.

Are there any requirements as to orientation?
Must it be flat and Horizontal?
Is skewed sideways hanging in a bucket OK?
Sideways might trap an air pocket that fools the sensor.