Help installing 50 amp circuit breaker

ksoiss25

Cadet
Hey all,

I'm terrible with electrical connections. I bought the suggested 50 amp breaker for my trolling motor circuit, but not sure exactly how to install. Do I have to cut the wire in half, then wrap around each terminal of the breaker? It's an Atwood 50 amp breaker. Tried to attach photo but won't work. Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
Hey all,

I'm terrible with electrical connections. I bought the suggested 50 amp breaker for my trolling motor circuit, but not sure exactly how to install. Do I have to cut the wire in half, then wrap around each terminal of the breaker? It's an Atwood 50 amp breaker. Tried to attach photo but won't work. Thanks

You do cut the wire and attach each end to one end of each terminal. Don't wrap it use either ring type crimp connectors or solder the terminal. In either case seal up the end of the terminal with liquid tape or at least electrical tape. The ring type terminal is shown below in red. Do you have the one at the far left?

circuit-breakers_fu.jpg

ksoiss25

Cadet
Ah I'm an idiot. I knew I bought a box of those ring connectors for a reason... Thanks AllDodge