Wiring questions

PhilfromOhio

Petty Officer 3rd Class
All, I am completely rewiring my 1969 Uniflite 31' Flybridge Cruiser. Is there a website that explains how to wire in battery isolaters and battery switches. I have twin Chrysler 318's and a Inverter as well. Really need to know how to wire in multi battery banks with 2 altenators.

Auger01

Petty Officer 1st Class
Those ML series acr's are really sweet. You can let them work like an acr in auto mode or override them manually open or closed. They also have the capability to keep the switch open when both engines are running to keep the alternator outputs seperate.

Lincoln253

Cadet
How did this post end ....did u get it figure out ....I've wired up many many acr's when I used to build boats for the coast guard so if u have any questions let me know and I can draw U up a diagram.... I can install those in my sleep lol

PhilfromOhio

Petty Officer 3rd Class
To all of you that have replied, many thanks. Unfortunately work pulled me away from the boat for a while but am 100% committed to my Betty Boop wiring issues, Lincoln253 a diagram would be awesome. thanks again to you all, and as soon as I figure out how to load pics I will post one of Betty.

PhilfromOhio

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey guys. I'm back and still working on Betty Boop. So this is where I am at with the wiring issue. I tested the isolater and the output to battery
bank three is appx 14v engines running. So I installed a nice house battery. Now I have all the gauges pulled along with 2 position chrome
pull switches, am replacing gauges with all new Faria white face and new switches as well. I am going to run all lights, blower, wipres, cabin accesories,
stereo and radio, navagation into the fuse panel that is powered by the house battery, I will keep the other two banks for starting only. Starting that project this morning. Also I want to install a new halon system? Any thoughts on this? I really appreciate all your responses as they have help guide my decisions forward.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
I'm no expert on fire suppression, but it's my understanding that Halon has been outlawed for new installations and in many places manufacturing of the gas is illegal. Not only harmful to the environment, it is poisonous to humans. I'm not sure I'd want to be onboard choosing between fire and poison and the deep blue sea.
- Grandad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromotrifluoromethane

bassman284

Commander
I'm no expert on fire suppression, but it's my understanding that Halon has been outlawed for new installations and in many places manufacturing of the gas is illegal. Not only harmful to the environment, it is poisonous to humans. I'm not sure I'd want to be onboard choosing between fire and poison and the deep blue sea.
- Grandad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromotrifluoromethane
Dang. Wherever you find ointment, there's probably a fly getting ready to drop in.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Sorry to be the fly. My only experience with Halon was while doing electrical work in the gasoline analyzer building at a new oil refinery we were building in the 1970's. Prominent signage indicated that everyone must evacuate the small building within a few seconds of when the fire alarm sounded. The alarm sounded only seconds before the Halon would be released. - Grandad