cant trim outdrive up

vanvranken

Seaman
had no issues this morning with trimming up.getting boat ready for winter.for some reason can not trim up now???any help would be great.

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer
If it trims down but not up it's likely a bad relay. Try switching the relays to if it will go up but not down. I had a relay that didn't work a couple of yrs ago. Tapped it w/ my pocket knife and it's been working since.
Mike

vanvranken

Seaman
I went and looked around by the pump moved things around alittle bit.works fine now strange.

Franzel311

Seaman
That's a loose wire most likely then locate the trim relays there might be a plastic cover over it that you will have to take off and tighten the two studs on the front of the relay it I think it will be 7/16 and on the bottom there will be two 5/16 studs tighten them as well... Chech for bad wire terrmals while UR down there

fhhuber

Lieutenant
Sometimes its the tilt/trim switch....
My system works fine 100% of the time at the motor... but the switch on the shift lever (hotfoot throttle separate) is really flaky about raising the motor. Sometimes it won't run the pump and sometimes it won't shut off just by letting go.

My solution is going to be a new dash mounted switch.