25 hp mer chareing system

Hi team
I have a 25 hp merc not shore of age , but is a 2 stroke, it has the wires for a chargeing system ,
I would tuink its about a 1990- 95 it has no regulated rectifiar, can someone please help me out on what I can use , the wireing digrame as well as a photo would be a very big help as I dont what to pay 200 - 300 dollers to get this fitted as I only use the batery to run lights and the fish finder , thaks team

Johno

undone

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If it didn't come with a charging system when new it probably doesn't have the charging coils under they flywheel. You will need to find out the exact model (serial) # you have, it should be on the motor, this will let you know what parts to buy.

A rectifier can be purchased at Radio Shack for under $5.00

The coils can be found on EBay from $40.00 to $100.00

Ha thanks for that , the moter has about 5 wires comeing out of it ther is power comeing out of the motor , but it is un regulated so whene you conect a bolb up tp it the light goes dull at idil and bright at full spead .

undone

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Being unregulated is common, it's not much of an issue unless you plan to make long runs at high speed, and even then if you have any electronics running it typically knocks down the voltage to where it will do no harm. There are numerous after market and even Merc regulators that will work, I don’t have the info handy right now though.

Google and EBay will solve the problem.

All good thanks for your help , next time I do go out I might try it hooked up to see if it will work ok as I dont run it for hours on end , but hay thanks .