Lowrance HDS-5 Gen 2 wiring problems

luv2fish62

Seaman Apprentice
[FONT=&quot]Hi all. I am installing a HDS-5 Gen 2 and have a question about the power cable connections. The cable has a red, black, yellow and blue wire. I have the red connected to a buss bar that is switched with a battery switch and the black to a ground buss bar and I understand the blue is not connected. The yellow is where I am confused. My thinking is that the yellow is to be connected to an unswitched 12V positive source which provides continuous power to the unit when the battery is switched off. Does this provide power for a memory function? If so, when I turn the unit on will I still be required to accept the agreement statement each time that pops up on the screen after the unit is turned on?

Or am I totally off base in my line of thought?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.[/FONT]

jhebert

Ensign
The purpose of the YELLOW conductor in the power cable of the power/data cables of HDS Gen2 devices is explained in the installation manual.

See

http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Lowranc...0043-001_w.pdf

See page 30.

See the paragraph that begins "The power cable from each device contains a yellow wire..."

The BLUE wire in the power/data cables is in the data conductor cable, and is not associated with the power conductors.

Last edited:

luv2fish62

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for the link. I am still unsure where to land the "Accessory Wake Up" yellow wire. If the red lands on a CB panel that is powered through the Battery switch where should the yellow land?

Thanks.

jhebert

Ensign
I am still unsure where to land the "Accessory Wake Up" yellow wire.

Please reread page 30 of the installation manual. Please read the paragraph that begins "The power cable from each device contains a yellow..." Please read the whole paragraph. Pay special attention to the sentence that begins "Connect the yellow wires..."

Last edited: