Commander 2000 Remote Control

Schnidly

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi All, I own a 1988 Tracker Magna 17 with a 90hp 3 cylinder Mercury outboard. Some of my gages got fried when my son disconnected the battery to shutoff the starter motor, which stayed running after he started the outboard. My gages, fuel gage, trim gage, warning module, and tachometer were the items fried along with my rectifier on the engine block. I have no voltage regulator to send any excess charge to ground. Along with the gages and warning module my alarm buzzer inside of the remote control, Commander 2000, also does not work. It makes a crackle when the key is turned on to run, but does not make a beeeping noise. Can someone tell me how difficult it is to take the remote control apart to replace the alarm buzzer(horn) inside of the remote control? If anyone has directions on how to do this I would greatly appreciate it. You email me with the directions or post on here please. I ordered the alarm buzzer for the remote control. Also, I am looking for a trim gage and a fuel gage. Believe they are both Quicksilver gages, as was the tachometer. Does anyone think the sending units for these gages would have taken a hit on over volts or are the gages just dead? Thanks so much.