Replacing Fuel Gauge

Baretta82

Cadet
I have an old obsolete fuel gauge from a 87 Beretta Super Sport that stopped working. My question is are the gauge diameters the same? Are the connections the same for all types, do they all have lighting or in my case edge lighting and what voltage.....ect. I am looking to purchase the Faria 13001 Coral Gauge.

NYBo

Admiral
The standard cutout size is 2 1/16"; you'll have to remove the old gauge and see. The connections will be the same. Light and ignition terminal are both 12 volts compared to the negative wire. The only other potential issue is the sending unit. You'll have to test resistance through it at full and empty to see if it matches the new gauge.

UncleWillie

Captain
The standard cutout size is 2 1/16"; you'll have to remove the old gauge and see. The connections will be the same. Light and ignition terminal are both 12 volts compared to the negative wire. The only other potential issue is the sending unit. You'll have to test resistance through it at full and empty to see if it matches the new gauge.

+1
Odd are 99% that you have the standard 240-33 Sender, A European made boat may use a 10-180 sender.

Sender Resistance Values.