Plug in deck lights for Scotty power receptacles

sam am I

Commander
My boat came stock w two fairly low wattage aft facing incandescent cockpit lights and they work sorta ok, but since I have four Scotty downrigger electrical receptacle's that I have since put in up under my gunnel's (two aft facing and two forward facing) that aren't always in use powering motors, I thought of an idea (bored again, yes) for them since I can't see at night worth a crap and needed more light anyway........

Thought perhaps someone might be in need of more light like I was w/o too much more wiring and could use an idea or such.

Once the base of the bulb (Amazon) is inserted/slide through the rubber grommet (Ace Hardware) and plastic lid (Wilton's cake glitter flakes jar from Micheal's, Cherry being my fav)and down into the rubber receptacle housing, pulling/holding all the pieces together and in place, I secure it all together by dripping perhaps 10 or so drops of super glue down inside the rubber housing along the perimeter of the now protruding through edge of the bulb base.

They even float...........BONUS!!

SAM_5445a.JPG SAM_5439a.JPG

http://www.scotty.com/fishing-gear-e...eplacement.htm

Attachments

• SAM_5445a.JPG
    SAM_5445a.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: