Stereo system suggestions

DaveG55

Petty Officer 2nd Class
1994 Monterey 206SCR bowrider, no tower installed, just a plain old bowrider. Currently has a Clarion hu with a seperate 6 disc changer and a wired remote and 4 speakers (two down low in the bow, two midway back in the cabin), no external amp. It was a decent system 14 years ago when I put it in but now it's dying, So next spring im going to do a complete ly new audio system.
Now iI'd love to have a system like the wake boarders do but I'm realistic enough to know that my boat is not configured for something like that. So, what I'd settle for is a good sounding system that I can hear while underway and while swimming. I want the hu to have bluetooth, usb and 1/8th audio inputs and have a screen that can be seen in bright sunlight and be reasonably easy (uncomplicated enough for the Admiral) to use. Intigrating with Android would be a plus. I don't care about remotes though a wireless one would be fine. I figure I'll have to upgrade the existing speakers and maybe add a couple more, plus add a couple of subs and an amp or two.
So, please weigh in with suggestions.

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
I didn't bother with a stereo, just speakers and an amplifier. use a headphone to rca cord into the amp, and my phone, ipod, laptop, or anything with a headphone jack plays the music or sound from youtube or Netflix via 3g, even dvds watch a movie while floating

DaveG55

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Bump

No other suggestions?
I want the tuner, theres a station I really like at the lake.
I could not care less about videos on the boat
Just want as good a sound as I can get with out breaking the bank.

jester31

Banned
I recommend Kenwood, Pioneer, or Jensen head units. These each have some punch to them.
Speakers I like are Polk, Pioneer, & Jensen

Last edited:

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
I recommend Kenwood, Pioneer, or Jensen head units. These each have some punch to them.
Speakers I like are Polk, Pioneer, & Jensen

Kenwood is good, pioneer is so/so, jensen is garbage. One of the lowest brands out there. So OP, is that boat an outboard or I/O? Makes a difference in stereo recommendations. With an outboard, you need to watch your amp draw very closely and pick the most efficient amps you can find.

OrangeTJ

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fusion makes a nice head unit as well. If you are wanting to go somewhat big with the system, check out speakers and amps from JL Audio, Wet Sounds, Arc Audio, or maybe Polk. Earmark is an authorized dealer, sells online, and seems to put together some nice an reasonably priced packages.

candcboater

Recruit
Looking for some help. I have a 1997 Sea Ray 330 Sundancer with a Clarion M5470 unit matched to a 6-disk changer. The head is going south fast and I have found head from a M5475. Does anyone know if this will fit? Thank you.