Blower and Horn just stopped working?

brichardson

Recruit
Hi. I have a 2005 Caravelle 187 Bowrider. It has a Volvo Penta 4.3GL in it. At the end of our outing a few weeks back, I noticed that the bilge pump was continuing to run. When I looked down under the motor, I noticed that the water was just recycling back into the bilge. The hose for the pump had come loose, and is in a very difficult spot to get to (and I have yet to figure out how to get it back on). I removed the plug at the stern, and in two minutes, the water drained and the pump stopped. Problem solved right...wrong. I put the plug back in and we headed home from the cottage. It rained a few times that week, and apparently the pump was activated and ran until the battery died. Again, I drained the bilge, and charged the battery, and off we went. This time when we left, I put the boat up higher on the lift, and left the stern plug out. All was well (although I still haven't figured out how to get the pump hose back on), then I noticed that that my blower and horn no longer work. I am new to owning a boat, so I don't even know where to look for the fuses that may be blown, or if there is potentially another issue. I am not comfortable with the blower not working, and would like to get it resolved as soon as possible to avoid bigger issues with the motor. I am now opening the hatch to let the fumes clear out before I start the motor, but would greatly appreciate any suggestions as to how to resolve the issues that I am having.

Thanks in advance,
Blair