lost power in my bow and dash lights

cwebber775

Recruit
I have a 1979 rennell 175e and was on the lake after dusk when my bow and Gage lights went out its on the same switch as my stern light and that works still . I cant figure out how to get them working again . Any suggestions ? We do alot of boating at night for star gazing stuff like that so would love them to work again thanks

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
Take a meter or a test light check between all wires leaving your switch and a good ground.......... if you have power then check the grounds will have one for gauge cluster and another for bow light........make the grounds are clean.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
If the stern light still works then there is power INTO the switch. The NAV setting of the switch should turn on the instrument and both the bow and stern lights. So either the feed to the bow and instrument lights fell off the back of the switch (likely) or both of the grounds for the lights became disconnected (highly unlikely). Just so you know, the bow lights and instrument lights do not need to be on when anchored which is why they are wired to the NAV side of the switch. When underway and drifting, both the bow and stern lights are required.