getting frustrated

ok this should be simple so we need to work out whats wrong.
Firstly when the relays are not being activated the only wire with 12vdc+ that's in use is the one to the trim switch so remove the positive wire going to the trim switch then test. If you get a arc at this point then something is wired wrong or the trim motor is not a 2 wire

NYBo

Admiral
if the wiring is correct, there is no complete circuit to the trim motor with the switch in the middle position. Both motor leads are connected to battery - in this state. Therefore, your problem is before the motor, i.e. in the wiring to the relays. I think you have two leads reversed somewhere.

if you are using the original relay box I will bet that you didn't remove all the copper jumper strips from the terminals. They are painted the same color as the plastic but if you look close they are jumpers.
Its time for a picture

dpond855

Seaman
So I figured it out. I bought relays from the marina and saw some cheaper ones at advance auto parts. Installed the cheaper ones thinking I can return the others. Well one of the cheaper ones came as a dud or fried when I installed it cause I put the marine store ones on and all is solved. Thanks for all your help.