Radio problem

Soreal53

Seaman
I bought a pioneer stereo deck for my boat model mvh-x360bt from walmart 2 months ago everything was fine until I ordered a 4 channel pyle amp to get a lil bit more sound. I hooked my power and ground to battery and remote to stereo. I installed all my speakers and turned the radio on and only got low sound with bass(have to turn up almost full blast just to hear a based out mumble. I just about pushed every setting on radio to get work and nothing changed. I maybe thought it was the RCA cables but when switched still no luck. I even went back to walmart and purchased another deck to eliminate the problem and the new one still sounded the same. The funny thing is I hooked up my ipad with a RCA cable to the amp and I sounded perfect. Not sure if this radio model is just not compatible with a amp or maybe I missed something. Appreciate any help....

PennYanGuy

Cadet
Kind of wonder if maybe your receiver has an amp already powering your preamp outputs (rca jacks) for a subwoofer. Its never good to hook an amp up to an amp, if you follow me.

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
Check and see if the amp has low and high pass filters........ sounds like you might have the low pass filter on and the freq. setting turned way down

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Did you happen to read the manual? What do you have the SP-P/O mode set to?

Also, this head unit only has a 2 channel pre-amp out.

Last edited:

Soreal53

Seaman
Thanks Bruce I had to get into a secret menu to change the sp-po to rear/rear (full) and it worked.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Bruce I had to get into a secret menu to change the sp-po to rear/rear (full) and it worked.

Awesome! So what are you doing with your 4 channel amp with a 2 channel head output?

Last edited:

Soreal53

Seaman
The amp wiring diagram has a pic showing a RCA y cables so I can hook up this 4channel amp to the 2 channel head unit. Picking up cables today.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
The amp wiring diagram has a pic showing a RCA y cables so I can hook up this 4channel amp to the 2 channel head unit. Picking up cables today.
You just won't be able to do any fading front to rear with the head unit. You may be able to do it at the amp for an initial setting. That's why, I always pick up a head unit with preamp outs for 4 channels. Cheaper head units only give 2 like you have. That may not be an issue if you want speakers in front and rear to have the same volume.

Last edited: