No power to starter 1994 Bass Tracker

John Sokol

Recruit
Can't get the boat to start with the key. Worked fine when we went out and not when we returned. It's like there is no power. Charging batteries now. Don't think that's the issue though. Maybe neutral safety switch? There is power to the ignition, because the gauges all work when you turn the key. Can't find any fuse for the starter. Charging batteries did nothing. If the ignition switch is in the on position, I can pull start the motor. This would leave me to believe it's not the kill or neutral safety switches. There is power going to the gauges, but when I turn the key to the start position that should engage the starter, I get nothing, not even a drain on the voltage gauge. It has the 25hp motor

alldodge

Staff member
Can't get the boat to start with the key. Worked fine when we went out and not when we returned. It's like there is no power. Charging batteries now. Don't think that's the issue though. Maybe neutral safety switch? There is power to the ignition, because the gauges all work when you turn the key. Can't find any fuse for the starter. Charging batteries did nothing. If the ignition switch is in the on position, I can pull start the motor. This would leave me to believe it's not the kill or neutral safety switches. There is power going to the gauges, but when I turn the key to the start position that should engage the starter, I get nothing, not even a drain on the voltage gauge. It has the 25hp motor

Has a 25HP what kind of motor, also how about a year?

NYBo

Admiral
Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

Yes, the neutral safety switch is a good place to start (no pun intended). Are you sure the shifter is in neutral?

tblshur

Senior Chief Petty Officer
might try taking a jumper wire touch the b terminal of ignition switch to the s terminal of ignition switch if starter engages , ignition switch defective good luck:happy:

Fleetwin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Welcome to iboats!:welcome:
Yes, the neutral safety switch is a good place to start (no pun intended). Are you sure the shifter is in neutral?

You wouldn't be the first boater stumped by a shifter not in nuetral. Check it.

Kill switch lanyard in place??????