Mercruiser Audio Warning systems.

rinker265

Cadet
Would anyone have an electrical schematic on the audible warning system? I realize it is a simple system to diagnose but cannot seem to get it to self test. If I ground out the speaker it goes off. If I ground out any of the 3 sensors it does not. Could it be that timer mounted under the speaker? can I just bypass that ? At what temperature does the switch trip for the cooling? Any info would be great this is a 1992 Rinker Fiesta Vee. 5.7l.
wilsonjohn@coned.com
Thanks a bunch.....

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Would anyone have an electrical schematic on the audible warning system? I realize it is a simple system to diagnose but cannot seem to get it to self test. If I ground out the speaker it goes off. If I ground out any of the 3 sensors it does not. Could it be that timer mounted under the speaker? can I just bypass that ? At what temperature does the switch trip for the cooling? Any info would be great this is a 1992 Rinker Fiesta Vee. 5.7l.
wilsonjohn@coned.com
Thanks a bunch.....

The alarm horn circuit has 12V going to one side of the speaker, the other side is attached to a Tan/Blu wire which goes to the oil pressure switch, lube bottle and water temp switch. The speaker sounds off if any of the three applies a ground to the Tan/Blu wire. The pic below is for a 4.3L but the wiring is the same. All switches just apply a ground and switches are shown in section C

What do you mean you cannot get the system to self test? If you do have an EFI engine it does not do the 2 beeps, this came about in later years

Last edited: