Old Sears trolling motor problem

So, I have a little 3-man inflatable Intex boat down at the lake house for my son to go put around and fish in the cove with. It has an old (black and white old) Sears trolling motor on it that suddenly froze up last weekend. It has a couple of screws into the housing in front of the prop, so I pulled those with hopes the housing would come apart and I could perhaps grease the thing or something, but no luck.

Have any idea what might be wrong or how to fix?

thanks!

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
Doubt you could gets parts even knowing what you needed..might be time for an upgrade.. CL..maybe..

sounds like a seized bushing. The big problem is the shaft has to be able to slide out of the bushing so you can get the stator out of the housing and like you have already said the shaft is seized. Try everything you can think off and anything that is suggested before deciding its junk. Once you decide its junk spray lots of pb blaster in the holes you took the bolts out of (leave for a few hours or days) then put a washer or something on the shaft and put the pin in (or nut depending on model) then nip the washer/bolt in a vice and take a piece of 2x4 and hit the leg of the foot. Try not to bend the shaft. Last one I did took 2 good hits to get the shaft out of the bushing. Once cleaned it went back together and over a year later its still running.

Thanks for responding! I suppose it doesn't work now so I can't really make it any worse by working harder to tear it apart. :)