Rewiring 18" Privateer & renovating console...

AhoyPolloi

Recruit
Hello, all! My wife received this boat from her Mom & stepdad. I've been put in charge of updating the inside a bit. Her stepdad already did a lot, repainting and putting in new seats, etc. He's got the 03 60hp Merc running well, and trailer is updated. He always took great care of it. No soft spots.

I'm mainly going to be redoing the center console - 6 gang switch, new wires to battery. Panel will switch bow, stern, courtesy, underrail LEDs, all new. GPS/FF (Humminbird 386), cig socket, voltmeter & horn also going in. All the wiring is exposed, except a metal guard for the where the wires cross the floor to center console.

Here is how it is wired up now. Separate battery cables for engine. Wires from engine to buss bar, then to fishfinder. Push pull knob is inoperable, will be replaced. All that extra wire is from the GPS, which I'll get to.

I've got 100 ft. of Ancor 16awg for the accessories, going to custom order new battery cable (10/12?) once I figure out placement. All connections will ring terminal, adhesive lined tinned and butt connectors. Going to lay piece of 1/2" HDPE over current console, with Seasense 6 gang switch, as well as voltmeter, socket, horn in console.

What say you, iboaters? What am I doing wrong? :)