Wire harness stuck inside the wiring conduit and I can't run any cable through it.

Jquest

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 2001 dusky 20'3 center console. I was checking the water pressure gauge and found out no water was reaching it. This is the second time that damn tube breaks. I tried to run another tube through the wiring conduit, but I can't snake a wire through there. I had little wiring sitting in the tube to attach whatever I needed so I could slide them through before, but it's gotten to a point where they won't slide either. I tired to pull on the wiring harness to see if it would move a little. Worse case scenario...would be to take out the whole harness and run everything again. I wouldn't have a problem with that, but it won't budge. Any ideas on getting the cable to loosen up?? I tired some electrical oil and then flushed it with water, but it's not moving.

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
About the best way is to pick up a electrical fish tape........have someone else wiggle and shake the wiring harness while you push the tape through the conduit/raceway....... It can be frustrating for sure! a judicious amount of soap/water solution helps.

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Uhhh, are you sure water is supposed to reach the gauge? I thought the same with a 225 Honda until I tried to blow out the tube for winterizing. There was no water in it, the gauge works from air compression ... :facepalm: