Furuno t/ducer compatibility?UPDATE DESPERATE?

Welsh Rob

Seaman Apprentice
Hi All<br /><br />My second hand fishing boat just purchased has a Humminbird cheap and basisc fishfinder fitted,ok for a backup but I'm used to a more detailed sounder.........<br /><br />My hull however has a Furuno through hull transducer fitted with a fairng cover to reduce drag,this has been left intact and in place when a previous owner must have removed the Furuno head unit..........<br /><br />The transducer connector plug has a ten pin configuratin and what I would like to know is will this transducer be compatible with any other Fishfinder makes? and if so can you please advise which ones?<br /><br />Or do I need to purchase another Furuno?<br /><br />Many thanks from Rob in the UK

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Furuno t/ducer compatibility?UPDATE DESPERATE?

Check the Airmar website. They have a pretty good cross reference let for the various manufacturers<br /><br />cross ref

Welsh Rob

Seaman Apprentice

Dingbat,a very good website that but still cannot find the answer to my question!!??<br /><br />Would appreciate any further suggestions..........<br /><br />Thing is I dont have the part number of my transducer which is buried in the hull and on its wet berth!<br /><br />Thanks<br />Rob

Welsh Rob

Seaman Apprentice

Getting desperate to find this info ,anyone please help?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Airmar is the OEM for a lot of the transducers used by the finder manufacturers. The fact that Hummingbird isn't on their cross reference list would suggest a compatibility issue.

Welsh Rob

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by dingbat:<br /> Airmar is the OEM for a lot of the transducers used by the finder manufacturers. The fact that Hummingbird isn't on their cross reference list would suggest a compatibility issue.
Dingbat.......<br /><br />Its the Furuno transducer I want to know about not the Humminbird!<br /><br />Thanks<br />Rob

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Now that I got my head out of my butt……… <br /><br />Looking through the Airmar documentation it seems that the Furuno 10 pin connector is wired in at least 5 or 6 different pin configurations depending on the transducer configuration. <br /><br />The bad news is that they don’t list any other manufacturers as using this connector so I would imagine that you might be stuck with a Furuno proprietary connection.